11 Nov – SEAMEO Regional Centre for QITEP in Mathematics has organised this workshop on 11-16 November 2019 at Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Our teacher, Miss Lim Yi Wei has represented our school to attend the workshop:
1. Ni Made Anita Widjaja, SDN 2 Dangin Puri, Bali
2. I Made Ari Purwadi, SMP Laboratorium Undiskha, Bali
3. Imroatusani Nur Khasanah, SDI Ma’arif Kota Blitar, Jawa Timur
4. Lim Yi Wei, SMK Sanzac, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5. Nguyen Thu Ha, Le Quy Don Secondary High School, Vietnam
6. Nur Aziah binti Nasir, SMK Jalan Empat, Selangor
7. Pedro Montecillo Jr, San Joaquin National High School, Palo, Philippines
8. S. Fatimah Mohammad, Labuan International School, Labuan Federal Territory, Malaysia
9. Saifunizah bin Che Ismail, Sekolah Kebangsaan Raja Bahar, Kelantan, Malaysia
10. Yusdi Afandi, SMPN 3 Purwodadi, Pasuruan, Jawa Timur
The Southeast Asia Mathematics Teaching and Learning Model (SEA-MTLM) is a competition for teachers from SEAMEO member countries to participate by presenting their best lesson plan that incorporate the following topics:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- Energy Efficiency, Resiliency, and Security
- Mathematical Modelling, Local cultural context
- coding/programming/computational thinking
- hands-on activity
By the end of this program, the organiser has chosen 3 best lesson plans that served as the model of innovative lesson plans for teacher, especially to incorporate energy issues, STEM, mathematical modelling, hands-on activity, local cultural context, and computational thinking in their classroom.
We are proud that Miss Lim has won the Second Best Participant during the event.